The impact of Brexit on the practice of law is, of course, a matter of considerable interest to lawyers. The posts here cover a variety of ground, from the impact upon international practices to the impact of the high street practitioner.
10th August 2016
5th August 2016
- The Law Society Gazette Brexit: UK firms “need US-qualified lawyers”.
- Legal Futures : The Brexit effect – EU law high on the list of searches for direct access barristers
2nd August 2016
- The two sides of Brexit for European Lawyers
- Brexit prompts public and businesses to seek legal advice from barristers.
1st August 2016
- The Lawyer Planning for the post-Brexit legal world
- FSB has a guest blog from Alison Loveday What impact do you think Brexit will have on… the legal profession?
- Reuters Pay freeze at London law firm an early sign of Brexit damage
- Legal Week Freshfields, A&O and Slaughters register in Ireland as Brexit fears mount.
- The Law Society Gazette Brexit bonanza predicted by litigation funder.
- The Solicitors Journal Brexit-proofing the UK legal sector.
- City A.M. Brexit boost for lawyers and compliance experts as hiring jumps in June.
5th July 2016
- Legal Week – Law Society writes to Gove as Brexit throws UK firms’ EU offices into question.
- Lexis Nexis Dispute Resolution – What might Brexit mean for dispute resolution lawyers?
29th June 2016
- Kluwer Arbitration Blog – Brexit – Immediate Consequences on the London Judicial Market
27th June 2016
- ABA Law Journal – UK law firms scramble to provide answers for Brexit questions.
- The Wall Street Journal – Brexit could be a boon for lawyers
- Bloomberg – London Lawyers try to ease Brexit fears, wait for windfall.
- QLTS “Brexit” – How could it impact foreign lawyers and the QLTS?
- Legal Cheek – London law firms to cut back on EU trainees following Brexit.
- Legal Week Seven ways Brexit will impact international law firms
- News One Place Why Lawyers need to stock up on coffee post-Brexit vote.
- The Lawyer Into the brave, new world: life after Brexit (behind a registration wall).
- The FT Consultants and lawyers brace for Brexit boom.
- The Australasian Lawyer – Legal Profession reacts to Brexit
- Law Fuel – Brexit decision could have severe effect on London Law jobs.
26th June 2016
- Lawyers Weekly – Brexit to cause short-term legal sector boom.
- Legal update – Brexit Vote Clouds Lawyers’ M&A Crystal Balls
- Courting the Law – The Brexit Referendum.
25th June 2016
- Chambers Student on The effect of “Brexit” on lawyers.
- The Law Society Gazette EU withdrawal: at what price for lawyers?
- Reuters Law firms see short-term opportunity, long term peril in Brexit.
- Middle East Association – International law firms see long-term peril in Brexit.
- The Law Society Gazette – Lawyers rush to reassure clients after Brexit shock.
- The Law Society Gazette – Lawyers fear for UK’s future in ECHR after Brexit vote.
- The Law Society Gazette – Brexit lobby lawyer sets out practice priorities
- Lawyer 2B Brexit: Law firms mull pay freezes in wake of leave vote.